1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Wash the lemons, remove the zest from two and then juice all three. Separate
3. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add half the caster sugar, a little at a time, until it
is fully incorporated and the mixture is glossy.
4. Cream the butter with the rest of the caster sugar and the lemon
5. Add the egg yolks, then the flour, lemon juice and milk. Mix thoroughly.
6. Add a little of the
meringue mix, then gently fold in the remainder.
7. Tip into a pudding basin. Stand the basin in a baking dish,
then half fill the baking dish with luke-warm water. This will stop the base of the pudding from burning.
for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the top has set and is lightly browned.