1. Dice the Italian vegetable stuffing so it may fit inside the breast cavity.
2. In the thickest part
of each chicken breast, cut a small slit. Divide the stuffing equally amongst each breast and push the vegetables into the
3. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each breast and secure with a wooden skewer, closing up the slit. (Tip:
if the skewer is too long just break off the excess amount.)
4. In a heavy based pan on medium heat, add a splash
of olive oil and the chicken breasts.
5. Cook for about 13-15 minutes, turning only once. A lid on the pan will
help them cook. (Tip: don't have the heat up too high as it will burn the chicken.)
chicken from the pan to rest in a warm place.
7. To make the sauce, add diced onion to the same pan and gently fry.
Add the remaining sauce ingredients, followed by the balsamic vinegar and water. Stir until the ingredients are softened,
warmed through and well combined.
8. Slice the chicken into segments and place on a serving dish.
add a splash of olive oil to the sauce whilst turning up the heat. Briefly allow the oil to combine with the sauce and then
serve over the chicken.
10. Serve with an Italian style salad and fresh, crusty bread. Serves 4.
La prima e' Matrimonio, la seconda comagnia, la terza un'eresia (The first wife is marriage,
the second company, the third heresy)